Condominium Associations and Condominium Owners hurricane claims are unique as they not only face hurdles with their insurer when making a claim, but they also face internal disputes and confusion when determining whose insurance policy covers storm damage.

Hurricane Law Group has the experience to handle storm claims for the unit owner and association to aide in their recovery of the fair value for covered damages sustained.


What’s Typically Covered?

Unit Owner:   Normally an owner’s policy of insurance covers the interior of the unit and personal belongings.   Additional Living expenses incurred for living outside of the unit may also be claimed.   Any coverage, however, is subject to the express terms and any limits specified in your policy of insurance. Association:    Typically the “common areas” of the condominium such as the roof, railings, lobby, elevators, hallways and pool are covered by the association’s insurance.  Specific coverage and limits thereto are set out in your policy of insurance.

How can you help maximize your recovery?

Most insurance policies and the law require an Insured to cooperate with the insurance company throughout the claim process.    Most polices require prompt reporting of the claim, giving sworn statements, providing proof (receipts, photos, documents, damage estimates etc.), and allowing unlimited and unfettered access to the unit and property.    Failure to cooperate with the insurance carrier may jeopardize your claim.


When making a claim, you have the burden to prove the damage is covered under your policy and the amount of same.

Insurance carriers need sufficient proof to pay a claim.    Keeping good records and cooperating with the carrier is tantamount to recovery.

Hurricane Law Group has the experience to help associations and unit owners prove their claim.

We can Help

We work with you and your insurance company to try and expedite your claim and help get you paid what your policy affords.

Contact Hurricane Law Group for a free, no-risk case evaluation.